Keelung City, is a major port city situated in the northeastern part of Taiwan. It borders New Taipei with which it forms the Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area, along with Taipei itself. Nicknamed the Rainy Port for its frequent rain and maritime role, the city is Taiwan’s second largest seaport after Kaohsiung.
It has a humid subtropical climate and has long been noted as one of the wettest and gloomiest cities in the world. It is also one of the coolest cities of Taiwan with short and mild winters and long, relatively dry and hot summers, much like the rest of northern Taiwan. However, its location on northern mountain slopes means that due to orthographic lift, rainfall is heavier during fall and winter, the latter during which a northeasterly flow prevails. During summer, southwesterly winds dominate and thus there is a slight rain shadow effect. Fog is most serious during winter and spring, when relative humidity levels are also highest.
• Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd.
• Citibank N. A.
• Bank of America, National Association
• Bangkok Bank Public Company Ltd.
• American Express Bank Ltd.
• Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
• The Bank of New York
• United Overseas Bank
• State Street Bank and Trust Company
• ABN AMRO Bank
• Deutsche Bank AG
• The Bank of East Asia Ltd.
• JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
• DBS Bank Ltd.
• Fortis Bank
• The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp.Ltd.
• BNP Paribas
• Standard Chartered Bank
• The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd.
• The Bank of Nova Scotia
• ING BANK, N. V.
• Wells Fargo Bank, National Association
• The Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
• KBC Bank N.V.
• Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
• Barclays Bank PLC
•Keelung Hospital, Ministry of Health and
No. 268, Xin’er Road, Xinyi District, Keelung City, Taiwan 201
Phone: +886 2 2429 2525
•Keelung City Municipal Hospital
No. 282, Dongxin Road, Xinyi District, Keelung City, Taiwan 201
Phone: +886 2 2465 2141
•Tri-Service General Hospital Keelung Branch – Zhengrong Branch
No. 100, Zhengrong Street, Zhongzheng District, Keelung City, Taiwan 202
Phone: +886 2 2463 3330
•Keelung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital
204, Taiwan, Keelung City, Anle District
Phone: +886 2 2431 3131
•Rueifang Miner Hospital
No. 71-2, Yikeng Road, Ruifang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 224
Phone: +886 2 2497 4101
Important Phone Numbers
• Fire Department and Ambulance Service: 119
• Police: 110
• Local Directory Assistance (Mandarin): 104/105
• Directory Assisance (English): 106
• Protection Hotline: 113
• Coast Guard: 118
• Anti-Fraud Hotline: 165
• Freeway Report: 168
• Operator Assistance: 1128
• International Call Center: 0800-080-100
• International Community Service Hotline: 0800-024-111
• 24-Hour Toll-Free Travel Information Call Center: 0800-011-765
• English-Speaking Taxi Service: 02-2799-7977
• Tourist Information Hotline: 02-2717-3737
• Taoyuan International Airport Tourist Service Center: 03-383-2194
• Taoyuan International Aiport – Terminal 1: 03-383-2194
• Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport – Terminal 2: 03-398-3341
• Tourist Service Center, Kaohsiung International Airport, Tourism Bureau: 0800-252-550
Places to Visit
• Port of Keelung
• National Museum of Marine Science and Technology
• YM Oceanic Culture and Art Museum
• Yehliu Geopark
• Shifen Waterfall
• Gold Museum, New Taipei City Government
• Shifen Old Street
• Jiufen Old Street
• Jinbaoli Old Street
• Land God Temple
• Wukeng Wufu Temple
• Keelung Qingan Temple
• Baoan Temple
• Fuan Temple
How to reach
• Taipei Songshan Airport
• Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
• Keelung Station
• Keelung Station
•Keelung Bai Village bus
•Jilong Bus Station
• Keelung Harbor
• Mayur Indian Kitchen
• Khana Khazana
• Balle Balle Indian Restaurant & Bar
• Taj Indian restaurant
• Tandoor Indian Restaurant
• The Thali
• ABAD INDIAN KITCHEN